Head of IT (f/m/x)
At gitti we disrupt the beauty industry with innovative products that are better for you and our planet. Through social media, we create an international brand for natural, vegan and eco-friendly products. gitti stands for Conscious Beauty. We reunite two concepts that the traditional beauty industry seems to have opposed in the last years: outer beauty and inner wellbeing. We want to wake up this industry because you and our planet deserve better. We know we cannot do this alone. Changing a mindset requires true heroines and heroes who consciously live beauty every day and lead the way.
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of IT (f/m/x) to support our strong growth path.
As a young, innovative and rapidly growing startup within the cosmetics industry with an ambitious future ahead we are seeking an outstanding person to join our leadership team. Going into new product lines and opening new markets, gitti will grow rapidly. As the Head of IT is a critical management position, we require someone with experience and exposure to complex technical as well as leadership challenges. This must include prior operational and tech leadership experience.
- Define and implement gitti’s IT strategy in line with our business and growth strategy. Provide expert mentorship and guidance for all technical activities
- Assess current IT-system setup (Shopify, DWH@Azure, 3PL). Identify gaps and weaknesses and create a technology proposal for our future system architecture (e.g., ERP, OM, WMS, PIM, Interfaces)
- Lead (large) technical projects (e.g., Introduction of ERP). Evaluate available systems, tools and partners on the market, oversee the decision process from first contract, through negotiations to successful implementation
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase impact on the organization
- Manage external partners in technical topics
- Build a strong IT team and make decisions on engineering inhousing in the future for our most important systems, including organization, technical strategy & architecture
- Be an integral part of the company during its growth phase and take on the opportunity to fundamentally shape its future
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration across the company (e.g., Product Management, Operations, People, Finance), lead by example in line with the company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance
- Experience in designing, implementing and running complex e-commerce system landscapes (e.g., OM, WMS, ERP, ...). Ability to create the “big picture” and plan towards it
- Experience in tool evaluations and introduction and make-or-buy decisions. An excellent track record of integrating software development methodologies where appropriate (eg. prototyping, Agile development, test-driven development, fail-fast proof points, and launch & iterate)
- Deep experience in software engineering and building applications with modern technologies in context of larger e-commerce platforms
Experience with maintaining strong cross-functional relationships to align strategic goals with engineering initiatives
- Structured and result-oriented, combined with hands-on mindset and a can-do attitude. Startup experience
- Strong English communication and presentation skills to strike meaningful conversations at senior leadership level and with both external and internal partners, German is a plus
- Join an international, fast growing and well-funded D2C beauty start-up with flat hierarchies, short decision-making path and room to actively shape the company
- Be part of an ambitious and empowering team that strongly focuses on sustainability and disrupting an entire industry
- A culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback in a positive and inspiring work atmosphere
- Enjoy our spacious and central Berlin office and the flexibility to integrate remote working hours
Sounds like a fit?
Please send your CV and your earliest possible starting date to email@example.com.
The beauty industry is changing fast, support us to re-invent it. We cannot wait to meet you!
"Variety is the spice of life" — and a celebrated component of our culture. At gitti, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability.