At gitti we revolutionize the beauty industry with innovative, vegan beauty products. We reunite two concepts that the traditional beauty seems to have opposed in the last years: inside and outside beauty. What does this mean for us? We strive for a dual power of beauty and mindfulness: we make beauty sustainable by caring for ourselves and our planet. We want to wake this sleeping beauty industry up and offer better alternatives, because you and our planet deserve better. We know we cannot do this alone. Changing a mindset requires true heroines and heroes who consciously live beauty every day and lead the way.
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic CMO (f/m/x) to support our strong growth path.
We are a young, innovative and well funded startup within the cosmetics industry - with an ambitious future ahead. Going into new product lines and opening new markets, gitti will grow rapidly. The CMO is a newly created role in the leadership team and crucial to fuel this growth. It is the ideal role for someone who is ambitious, likes to think big and sees the world being full of opportunities. You bring a broad marketing experience to the table, combining a deep customer driven thinking with an analytical mindset. And you thrive in not only setting up a strategy but also getting things done. Being a purpose driven company, our culture and team means a lot to us. This also counts for leadership. You enjoy working within an enthusiastic environment and leading a team through uncertainties as well as developing individuals. In short, you are an integral part of the company during an exciting growth phase and take on the opportunity to fundamentally shape its future.
- Define and lead the implementation of gitti’s overall marketing strategy in line with our business and growth goals
- Lead and develop a team of three marketing heads for Performance/CRM, Brand and Influencer marketing as well as an in-house Creative Studio
- Drive the marketing strategy, campaign ideation, execution and analysis
- Be responsible for a 7-digit annual marketing budget, as well as the overall marketing reporting, channel attribution & the analysis of marketing effectiveness
- Develop a data driven approach to prioritize, evaluate, and optimize marketing tactics and reporting
- Be responsible for developing the brand positioning and communication strategy of the company and for the content creation
- Build and grow a highly engaged and loyal community around our brand, driven by both influencers and fans of the brand
- Ensure a healthy balance between retention and acquisition as well as between brand and performance.
- Contribute to a healthy culture of collaboration across the company (e.g Product, Operations, Finance, etc)
- Be the marketing spokesperson for key stakeholders, investors and external parties
- Lead by example in line with the company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance
- Conduct regular research to identify new marketing trends and technologies and bring new ideas to optimize our product development, the marketing mix and realize our ambitious growth goals
- 8+ years of B2C marketing experience in a fast growing company. Experience in the beauty industry and with D2C brands is a plus
- Experience in leading marketing teams and budget responsibility, including Performance-, Brand- and Influencer Marketing as well as community-building.
- Experience in entering and scaling international markets
- Strong experience with customer acquisition as well as retention and the mechanics of related revenue streams
- Excellent working knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel) & data tools (e.g. Looker, Power BI) with the ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to synthesize, analyze and interpret data (including KPI reports) and transfer it into actionable steps
- Deep understanding of marketing technologies and platforms as well as the synthesis between brand and performance marketing
- Structured and result-oriented, combined with a hands-on mindset and can-do attitude - you are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Dynamic personality, full of energy and ideas
- Culture and value driven attitude with a low ego
- Leadership presence with experience in leading people and projects
- Enthusiasm for entrepreneurship as well as sustainability and community building, as well as a passion for and experience in fast-growing start-up environments.
- Strong English communication and presentation skills to strike meaningful conversations at senior leadership level with both external and internal partners, German language proficiency is a plus
- Join an innovative company as we revolutionize the beauty industry with a highly motivated team
- Be part of an ambitious, international and empowering team that strongly focuses on sustainability and mindfulness
- Shape the future of gitti: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes by taking 360° ownership of your projects
- Receive market standard salary and focus on personal development
- Work flexibly with a high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
Sounds like a fit?
Please send your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The beauty industry is changing fast, support us to re-invent it. We cannot wait to meet you!
"Variety is the spice of life" — and a celebrated component of our culture. At gitti, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability.